The Murdoch University is awarding International Entrance Scholarships for students entering a full-time undergraduate and Masters’ degree program. The Murdoch University is a public university in Perth, Western Australia, with campuses also in Singapore and Dubai. It began operations as the state’s second university in July 1973, and accepted its first undergraduate students in 1975.
All applicants for the Murdoch University (regardless of country of origin or citizenship status) are required to demonstrate competence in the English language prior to admission.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the University.
Scholarship Award: The amount will be as per the Research Training Program Stipend (tax-exempt living allowance of AUD$27,082 per annum with potential top-up to $30,000).
- Return airfare (at the beginning and at the end of the program)
- Tuition fees
- Monthly living allowances and settling-in allowance
- Fixed allowance to cover the purchase of books and attend conferences in Australia
- Health insurance coverage
- Fees for the study permit
- Be a citizen AND resident of sub-Saharan Africa;
- Be between 20 and 37 years old (at the beginning of the study program);
- Have a minimum of two years and a maximum of five years of full-time work experience in the public sector, civil society sector or a research institute in Africa;
- Meet the language requirements in French and/or English at the University;
- Meet all the academic and admission requirements of the study program of choice
Eligible Regions: Sub-Saharan African countries. For further details please visit their official website.
- Deadline to complete the Preliminary Questionnaire: 13th October, 2018
- Selection process: 16th October to 31st December, 2018
- Pre-selected candidates notified by email: January-February 9 2018
- Admission to universities: January to March 2018
- Pre-departure process (visa, accommodation, pre-departure orientation): February to July 2018
- All other candidates notified of results: May 2018
- Orientation session in Canada: Mid- August 2018
- Start of study programs: End of August/beginning of September 2018
You are not eligible if:
- You are an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or you have applied for permanent residency in Australia.
- You are already enrolled in a degree or any program of study at any Australian University.
- You are currently employed by the Government of Australia.
Selection Criteria: Eligible candidates with complete files will be assessed against the following criteria by a national selection committee:
- Academic merit;
- Professional experience;
- Relevance and merit of the case study;
- Recommendation letters;
- Demonstrated leadership capacity; and
- Potential contribution to public administration and public policy upon the candidate’s return to his/her home country.
In awarding the scholarships, considerations will be given to gender equity and equitable representation from across sub-Saharan Africa
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details